Friday, June 19, 2009
First Day
So today has been a VERY long day so far. Our flight over here was just shy of 10 hours. Our airplane was a 747, it was HUGE!!!! I can't even explain it felt like the aisles went on forever and it had two floors. I can't wait to show you a picture. Me and Rebecca got to sit next to eachother luckily. We switched with some girl. I took a benadryl so i slept most of the time, I was only up for two hours about. We were fed breakfast on the plane, it was not good.. we arrived in Fiji at 430 am. It's saturday here. We went through customs and such which took forever. We got to change our clothes and get money exchanged. We then boarded our coach bus which took us to the Kula Eco Park, I got to hold snakes and iguanas there and we went around the rainforest. It was very pretty, and I got very lucky to be the first person to embarass myself.. The stairs were quite slippery and go figure, I tripped and fell on my butt down about five steps. It wasn't very fun.. and it was quite painful. We then headed off to our hotel which is very nice. I have two roommates named Sarah and Emily. We had lunch just a little while ago, it was interesting.. It's been raining most of the day but hopefully tomorrow will be better because it's supposed to be a beach day. :) I'll try to post something tomorrow too. I'm gunna go hang out and maybe take a nap for a little now before we get ready for dinner. I love you! and miss you already. hope you're not having too much fun at home without me! haha <3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oops! I posted a comment on the first day page. Sorry, you will have to go to that to read it. It is 6:00pm at home and we are still without power. Dad hooked up a generator and we have the fridge, basement tv and router working so we can use the laptops. Hope you are having fun at the beach. It is very hot in our house with no air conditioning. I am trying to pretend I am in Fiji too! :)
ReplyDelete